Chad Richards AWMA CMFC
As a financial advisor I am dedicated to partnering with my clients to help them grow and protect their wealth as they pursue their goals and dreams.
When I was growing up, my father instilled in me the importance of making educated financial choices: saving for the future, managing risk, minimizing the use of debt, paying yourself first and the importance of giving. As I got older I realized I also enjoyed helping others and decided that marrying my two passions was the right career path. Today, some of the ways I enjoy serving my clients are:
- Optimizing investment portfolios relative to clients risk profile.
- Helping clients plan for and achieve their retirement goals.
- Developing strategies to minimize the risk of clients outliving their resources.
- Working with families to create a plan to cover future education costs.
- Other services, tools, and options available to address your unique circumstances and your financial objectives.
As I entered college at Western Kentucky University I chose to learn more about behavior and finance. I finished my education with a degree in Financial Planning and began my career of helping others with making financial decisions with Waddell & Reed in 1995. I have also obtained the Accredited Wealth Management Advisor and Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor Designations from the College for Financial Planning. After Waddell & Reed was purchased by LPL Financial we rebranded as Rock Castle Wealth Advisors and are now affiliated with LPL. Over the years, the most satisfying aspects of my career has been to witness clients pursuing their financial goals such as:
- Fully funding their childrens' College education.
- Achieving retirement sooner than expected.
- Having cash reserves available for life's emergencies.
- Saving a down payment for their first home.
- Recovering financially from the loss of a spouse.
I am married to Tammy Richards who is a business professional in the community. I have two children, Dylan and Kensi, along with two step children, Hannah and Alec. My passions and hobbies are attending sports events, traveling, flying as a private pilot, cooking, entertaining friends, water sports, scuba diving, and spending time with family.
I work with Christmas 4 Kids by hosting an annual golf tournament as well as a concert to support their organization. I also volunteer and help sponsor Historic Rock Castle along with other non-profits in the community.
For prospective clients, you should be working with a financial advisor who understands your goals and values: family, independence, freedom, learning and relationships. Let me know how I can serve you.